On the Border Remixes its Original Queso
On The Border is taking its already famous queso over the top with seven new and flavorful versions of its shareable Original Queso.
Beginning today, On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina, whose made-in-house-daily Original Queso features fresh-chopped jalapeno, tomato, onion, poblano, and cilantro, is taking it up a notch with these new bold flavor combinations:
- Club Queso – Smoky Bacon and Diced Avocado
- The Big Dipper – Seasoned Ground Beef, Guacamole, and Sour Cream
- Carne-Style – Seasoned Ground Beef and Pickled Jalapenos
- Brisket Queso – Tender, Shredded Brisket and Pickled Jalapenos
- Old Smoky – Spicy, Smoky Chipotle Purée and Cool Sour Cream
- The Green Pig – Spicy Chorizo and Roasted Hatch Green Chiles
- Three Alarm Queso – (not for the faint of taste buds) Loaded with a roasted blend of Jalapeno, Serrano, and Habanero peppers
"We've taken an OTB favorite that was crave-able to begin with and made it even better in seven different ways," says Ward Whitworth, president of On The Border.
OTB also announced it will bring back, for a limited time, its legendary Stacked Nachos, which has layers of taco meat, refried beans, mixed cheeses, and OTB's creamy Original Queso, all topped with pico de gallo, pickled jalapenos, sour cream sauce, and guacamole, for under $10 (Fajita Steak or Chicken are available for an additional charge).
The Stacked Nachos use state-of-the-art chips which are designed to stay crunchy and not go soggy, even under weight.
"This is not just holiday nibbling; it's a living-large eating experience," Whitworth says. "We look forward to sharing these great new creations with our OTB guests this holiday season."