Cracker Barrel Introduces New Wholesome Fixin’s
Now hungry restaurant-goers looking for their home-style favorites at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store can find them plus a whole lot more. The new Wholesome Fixin’s menu category features 11 low calorie, better-for-you choices, with fresh ingredients and full-bodied flavor.
Wholesome Fixin’s, with breakfast options under 500 calories and lunch/dinner options less than 600 calories, were created to meet the growing demand for lower calorie menu options. The challenge was to create fresh, light, lower calorie menu choices without sacrificing the home-style flavors that guests enjoy and have come to expect. Sometimes when food is described as “better-for-you,” or “low calorie,” the assumption is that it won’t taste very good. Sacrificing great taste at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store was not an option. The result was Wholesome Fixin’s, Homestyle Meals With a Lighter Twist.
“We worked for over a year to develop the Wholesome Fixin’s meals to provide our guests with meal options that are lighter, full of flavor and a great value,” says Cracker Barrel senior vice president of Marketing Chris Ciavarra. “It took a while because we didn’t want to just take things out, we wanted to stay true to handcrafted, quality ingredients, and we wanted to put in flavor, texture, great ingredients and ample portions. From Egg n’ Cheese Sliders to Spice Rubbed Pork Chop, Pecan Crusted Catfish, and four new side items, Wholesome Fixin’s are now a permanent addition to Cracker Barrel’s core menu.”
New Breakfast Choices Served All Day – Each Under 500 Calories*
- The Good Morning Breakfast scrambles up two Egg Beaters with a choice of turkey bacon or turkey sausage, tasty cheese grits, and sliced tomatoes, plus a side of fresh fruit.
- Multi-Grain French Toast is grilled to perfection then topped with fresh fruit and served with Honey Citrus Yogurt Sauce or sugar-free syrup.
- Egg n’ Cheese Sliders feature two fresh Grade A eggs cooked to order and served on whole wheat flat bread toasts with Colby cheese, lite-mayo, and sliced tomatoes. Comes with a side of fresh fruit too.
- Fresh Fruit n’ Yogurt Parfait Breakfast layers low-fat vanilla yogurt with fresh fruit then tops it with granola. Served with a two-egg helping of scrambled Egg Beaters plus three slices of turkey bacon.
New Lunch and Dinner Choices Served Daily After 11 a.m. – Each Under 600 Calories*
- The Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken Breast starts with a tender chicken breast coated in buttermilk and cornflake crumbs then bakes it until crispy. Served with Mixed Seasonal Vegetable or fresh Steamed Broccoli, and choice of a Wholesome Fixin’s side
- Pecan Crusted Catfish is a farm-raised fillet brushed with orange marmalade for a touch of sweetness and coated with a seasoned pecan crust, then grilled to a golden brown. Served with lightly seasoned Mixed Seasonal Vegetables or fresh Steamed Broccoli, and choice of a Wholesome Fixin’s side item.
- The Spice Rubbed Pork Chop gets real flavor from the special campfire seasoning and orange mustard glaze. Bone-in chop is served with Mixed Seasonal Vegetables or fresh Steamed Broccoli, and choice of a Wholesome Fixin’s side.
- Pepper-Grilled Sirloin is an 8-oz. USDA Choice Top Sirloin seasoned with three kinds of cracked pepper and grilled to order. Served with Mixed Seasonal Vegetables or fresh Steamed Broccoli, and choice of a Wholesome Fixin’s side
Four new sides: Fresh Steamed Broccoli, Mixed Seasonal Vegetables, Cheese Grits, and Fresh Seasonal Fruit.