The Five Most Family Friendly Restaurants in the U.S.
US Foods, one of the nation’s leading food suppliers, announced five restaurants that represent the best in Family Friendly Dining in the U.S.
Selected from an outstanding pool of applicants from coast to coast, these restaurants offer some of the most unique offerings that make family mealtime more fun and enjoyable. From petting zoos to build-your-own pizza nights, the winning restaurants can be considered the go-to dining destinations for the best family friendly experience.
Each of the contest winners will receive a $2,000 credit for kitchen equipment and supplies from US Foods Culinary Equipment & Supplies, along with a featured mention in the winter issue of Food Fanatics magazine, available Nov. 10, and a profile on the Food Fanatics website.
“Everything we do at US Foods is focused on helping our customers create the best dining experience that will keep families coming back to their favorite restaurants time and time again,” says John Mueller, vice president, merchandising and marketing, US Foods. “The top five Family Friendly Restaurant winners are much more than good places to dine out with a family. These restaurants go above and beyond to create an outstanding dining experience that caters to kids and parents alike.”
After 10 contest finalists were announced last month, each received a visit from US Foods Food Fanatic Chefs, who were able to experience the family friendly environment firsthand. The Food Fanatics provided their reports to an esteemed judging panel of culinary and dining experts who evaluated the restaurants on kids’ menus, family friendliness, and the overall fun environment.
From healthy and delicious meal options and fun activities for kids to welcoming staff and community involvement, each restaurant demonstrated all of the qualities that make it one of the top family-friendly restaurants in the country. The five winners are:
- Eckert's Country Restaurant in Belleville, Illinois, is a seventh generation restaurant known for its homemade fried chicken and famous biscuits. Eckert’s even has its very own orchard where families can pick fresh apples, peaches, and strawberries, and hosts special events such as My Little Honey Brunch and Mother and Son Date Knight, a medieval-themed evening. In addition, the menu offers healthy and gluten-free options.
- Giuseppe’s Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria in Ruther Glen, Virginia, makes every customer feel like she is part of the family with its friendly staff and engaging owners. Its menu features Italian-style dishes that are made with fresh ingredients, and appeal to kids and adults alike. The restaurant also hosts special events for holidays throughout the year and supports local schools, churches, and events.
- The Mill Pizza Buffet and Games in Remerton, Georgia, offers a creative line up of fun kid-friendly pizzas in addition to healthier options such as pizzas with lighter toppings and a full salad bar. The restaurant attracts families with its arcade area full of games for all ages and special events such as karaoke and live radio nights during high school sporting events.
- Ruckus Pizza Pasta & Spirits in Morrisville, North Carolina, offers tasty homemade dishes and hosts build-your-own pizza nights where kids can make their own pizzas from scratch. The welcoming staff constantly interact with kids and families, and the menu includes healthy options such as vegetable plates, fresh fruit,and sushi. The restaurant also does charitable work with kids-focused organizations, including St. Baldrick’s Pediatric Center, and local schools in the area.
- White Fence Farm in Lakewood, Colorado, which, in addition to its family-style dishes and outgoing staff, has horse and carriage rides and an on-site petting zoo for children. The restaurant also supports the community with its “fun nights,” where 15 percent of sales are donated to local schools, and adoption events, where the employees volunteer to help kids in need.