Chef Pierre Brand Now Serving Even More Bakery Favorites
For nearly a century, Chef Pierre brand has been baking delicious pies using fresh ingredients and time-honored recipes. Tyson Food Service is revitalizing this nearly 100-year-old brand with a new artisanal look and feel. This refresh includes a complete line of authentic bakery favorites with the transition of Sara Lee bulk and individually wrapped breakfast bakery products to the Chef Pierre brand.
Since 1922, the Chef Pierre brand has been known for consistency and quality as the category leader in foodservice pies. According to a November 2014 Datassential study, more than 72 percent of operators surveyed feel the Chef Pierre brand would make great bakery items in addition to pies, which shows operators would be receptive to new products. As operators have come to know and love Chef Pierre pies, they can expect the new authentic breakfast bakery favorites to be crafted with the same delicate care.
“We’re dedicated to baking the very best, which is why Tyson Food Service chose the iconic and trusted Chef Pierre brand for the breakfast bakery transition,” says Vic De Martino, director of marketing, foodservice bakery, Tyson Food Service. “We’ve enhanced the top flavors and updated the product packaging in an effort to provide operators with bakery products crafted with the finest ingredients, like plump Michigan blueberries and crunchy California walnuts, as well as delicious finishing touches.”
Sara Lee bulk and individually wrapped breakfast bakery items transitioning to the Chef Pierre brand include:
- Bulk and Individually Wrapped Muffins
- Bulk and Individually Wrapped Pastries
- Breakfast Cakes
To support the brand refresh, Tyson Food Service also enhanced its top five bulk muffin flavors now offered under the Chef Pierre brand. This benefits commercial, non-commercial and convenience store foodservice providers by offering a variety of flavors and sizes. With a belief that natural fruit, whole grain, premium toppings and more real goodness make the best bakery products, Chef Pierre newly crafted bulk muffins will feature these gourmet toppings and ingredients:
- Blueberry Muffin: Studded with plump and juicy blueberries, this muffin boasts authentic fruit flavor and a premium buttery-streusel topping
- Bran Muffin: Wholesome bran and delicious oats give this hearty treat full flavor, while apples, brown sugar and molasses create a delightfully moist texture, baked to golden-brown perfection and topped with streusel crumbles
- Cheese Streusel Muffin: 100 percent real cream cheese creates rich flavor, while real butter streusel dresses the top of this moist breakfast favorite
- Banana Nut Muffin: Real banana pieces, crunchy walnuts, Georgia pecans, and butter streusel topping deliver balanced flavor and moist, delicious texture
- Double Chocolate Chunk Muffin: Loaded with decadent chocolate, this indulgent muffin features a chocolate base made with real cocoa and an abundance of 100 percent semi-sweet chocolate chunks, all topped with rich chocolate streusel
“Muffins are continuing to gain popularity, and operators are optimistic about future sales,” says Jennifer William, senior marketing category manager, breakfast bakery, Tyson Food Service. “Our research shows consumers are drawn to appearance and premium quality ingredients so our bulk muffins now have more visible filling, textured, premium toppings and an overflowing muffin top for a fresh-baked look all in a decorative wrapper.”
The Chef Pierre brand recognizes sometimes baking with less is more. Every bakery breakfast item will uphold the brand’s high standards with no artificial sweeteners, fewer artificial ingredients and no partially hydrogenated oils.
Operators can learn more about the Chef Pierre brand, along with product information, promotions, and additional resources at www.ChefPierre.com.