Firebirds Wood Fired Grill Introduces Summer Features Menu
Known for its bold flavors and classic American cuisine, Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is introducing its Summer Features menu, which includes the ‘Bella Burger, Grilled Salmon Bowl and Porcini Crusted Beef Filet. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of Firebirds’ summer dessert feature, the Big Daddy Lemon Cake, will be donated to childhood cancer research.
“Our summer menu ties together fresh seasonal ingredients and bold flavors to create delicious, refreshing favorites for anyone’s palate,” says Firebirds Executive Chef Steve Sturm. “They are perfect for a summer enjoyed al fresco with friends on our outdoor patios,”
Available June 20 - July 31, the Summer Features menu includes:
- ‘Bella Burger topped with chopped mushrooms, melted gouda, roasted portabellas, blistered tomatoes, pickled red onions and horseradish crema
- Chicken Tostada Salad with chile-lime grilled chicken on top of mixed greens topped with black bean and grilled corn salsa, crispy corn tortillas, goat cheese and toasted pumpkin seeds tossed in a citrus vinaigrette
- Grilled Salmon Bowl with citrus grilled salmon, ancient grains and cucumber slaw served with an avocado schmear
- Wood Grilled Citrus Grouper served with ancient grains, charred corn-red pepper puree, pumpkin seed pesto and an avocado “popsicle”
- Porcini Crusted Beef Filet with porcini mushroom crust served over a horseradish crema with roasted Yukon gold potatoes, blistered tomatoes, green beans and fresh herbs
- Ancient Grains: Grilled stone fruit, blueberries, summer corn, green beans, feta cheese, radish and citrus vinaigrette (complement)
Lunch and Dinner
- Avocado Toast Salad with summer tomatoes, pickled red onions, cucumber, cilantro and feta cheese in a citrus vinaigrette
- Big Daddy Lemon Cake with fresh summer blueberries and blueberry sauce; $1 from each sale goes to support Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation in its fight against childhood cancer
Many of these items, including the Avocado Toast Salad, Grilled Salmon Bowl, Wood Grilled Citrus Grouper and Ancient Grains are under 580 calories.
“Our seasonal ingredients go beyond our savory Summer Features,” says Sturm. “We also have two summer wines that pair well with the salmon, grouper and filet, and we offer 13 refreshing seasonal cocktails, which are perfect for cooling off and chilling out on a hot summer day.”
Firebirds will offer, through July 31, Lyric by Etude Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Both are created in harmony with the natural environment to capture the nuances of the Santa Barbara, Calif., terroir.
Highlights from Firebirds’ 13 handcrafted seasonal cocktails include:
- Ginger Basil Mango Mojito with Cruzan mango rum, Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur, fresh squeezed lime juice, fresh mint, basil and orange slices
- Siesta Sangria with your choice of Red Guitar Tempranillo or Caposaldo Moscato, Cruzan Rum and fresh fruit
- Wildberry Mule with Reyka Vodka, wild ginger berry elixir, juiced lime and Owen’s ginger beer