Franklin’s Table Food Hall Headed to Philadelphia
MSC Retail announced the forthcoming opening of Franklin’s Table Food Hall, a 10,000-square foot food hall with seven best in class Philadelphia food operators, situated on the main campus of the University of Pennsylvania. The food hall is located just off the corner of 34th and Walnut Streets in University City and is slated to open in mid-March 2018.
In 2017, the Facilities and Real Estate Department of the University of Pennsylvania took steps to recapture and commence renovation of the former Moravian Food Court. This renovation was targeted in Penn’s retail master plan, written and executed by MSC Retail, Penn’s exclusive retail leasing agent. Penn engaged Eimer Design to create a one-of-a-kind environment designed to offer an inviting and exciting atmosphere for University City students, office workers and residents. The +/-170 seat food hall features seven kiosks and will be open seven days-per-week for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The exciting lineup of Philadelphia-based restaurateurs include:
- DK Sushi, a fine-casual version of Double Knot curated by visionary restaurateurs, Michael and Nina Schulson of Schulson Collective.
- High Street Hospitality Group’s Ellen Yin, Eli Kulp, and Roberto Sella introduce High Street Provisions, a modified version of their Old City dayside cafe, High Street on Market.
- Pitruco Pizza, a wood-fired pizza truck that circulates the city and serves pies out of Smokey Joe’s Cafe under the moniker Enjay’s Pizza, will open its first brick-and-mortar location.
- James Beard Award winning duo, Michael Solomonov and Steve Cook of CookNSolo, will bring falafels and tahini shakes to the food hall at their second Goldie location.
- KQ Burgers will offer a scaled-down version of Michael Pasquarello’s Fishtown butcher shop and restaurant, Kensington Quarters.
- Organic and vegan fresh juices and cafe fare to be provided by The Juice Merchant out of Manayunk and Narberth.
- Little Baby’s Ice Cream will serve Philadelphia-style, super-premium ice creams and non-dairy frozen desserts.
These retailers will join a host of new retailers and restaurants coming to the University of Pennsylvania, including Pret A Manger, Louie Louie, Bernie’s Restaurant and Bar, Just Salad, United by Blue’s expansion and ACME.
“This new food hall will be one of the most exciting food destinations in Philadelphia,” says Jacob Cooper, Managing Director and Partner of MSC Retail, who along with Matthew Stein, oversaw the procurement of the seven food hall vendors on behalf of the University of Pennsylvania. “We strove to aggregate a selection of the best Philadelphia restaurateurs and chefs who will bring a diverse array of flavors and food options to Penn and the University City community,” Cooper adds