Hawaii's Halekulani Presents "A Taste of Imperial" Spring Culinary Showcase
Halekulani, celebrated for its personalized service, masterful cuisine, and innovation, invites guests to enjoy a unique dining experience featuring renowned Grand Chef Kenichiro Tanaka of the Imperial Hotel Tokyo. Tanaka, in cooperation with Halekulani Executive Chef Vikram Garg and his team, will create a special 7 course menu including canapés and dessert.
The theme of this special dinner will be Cherry Blossoms, a flower with special significance in Japan. The extremely beautiful but short-lived blossoms are richly symbolic of the fleeting nature of life. April is a traditional month for the flowers to bloom. This will be incorporated in the cuisine by using special ingredients imported from Japan, including cherry blossom paste and cherry blossom pickled salt.
Tanaka has been Imperial Hotel Tokyo’s Executive Grand Chef since 1999. His highly prestigious career includes a national decoration by the French government with the prestigious Chevalier dans l'Ordre du Merite Agricole, recognizing the promotion of French culture and epicurean traditions by outstanding individuals outside France. Tanaka is also credited with elevating Japanese perceptions of hotel weddings, when he oversaw the wedding menu of Her Imperial Highness Princess Nori, daughter of Emperor Akihito, at Imperial Hotel Tokyo. Tanaka is also a media celebrity, appearing on NHK cooking programs, newspaper features, magazines, and other media, representing the impressive and diverse culinary accomplishments of Tokyo's solitary grand hotel.
The event will be held April 5 at 6:30 p.m. at award-winning La Mer, with a canapé and champagne reception followed by dinner. Cost is $295.00 per guest, exclusive of tax and gratuity (limited seating). Guests will depart with a special gift: the Imperial Chef Mochizuki Original “Orchard cake”, available exclusively at Imperial Hotel Tokyo. The menu follows:
- Roll of Smoked Salmon with Caviar
- Canapé of Codfish Brandade and Crab
- Mille-feuille of Foie Gras and Mango with “Muscat de Rivesaltes” Wine Jelly
- Mango and Carrot Puree with Ginger Confit
- Assortment of Seafood and Exotic Fruits with Cherry Flavor
- Cream of White Asparagus Soup “Argenteuil Style”
- Paupiette of Lobster Mousse Wrapped in Cabbage with Newberg Sauce
- Roast Veal with Honey and Soy Sauce
- Mille-feuille of Potato and Comté Cheese with Morel
- Cherry Flower Sherbet on Rice Wine “Daiginjou” Granita
- Grand Marnier Parfait with Orange Flavored Strawberry Sauce and Plum Jelly
- Coffee and Petit Four
Beverages: Wine pairing with each course