Hwy 55 Shakes Up Menu with New Salads, Tater Tots
Hwy 55 Burgers, Shakes & Fries is turning its attention to another popular food category: Salads.
The chain is debuting a new menu at its 135 restaurants that features many changes including new sandwiches, new burgers and a new side. Yet perhaps the most striking addition to the menu is the addition of four new made-to-order salads, as follows:
- Spicy Shrimp Salad—Mixed greens, red cabbage, cucumbers, sliced egg, shredded carrots, fried onion straws, cherry tomatoes and spicy shrimp straight from the Gulf Coast
- Hwy 55 Cobb—An American favorite since 1937, mixed greens, red cabbage, shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes, bacon, sliced egg, fried onion straws, cucumbers, shredded cheese, topped with grilled or hand-breaded chicken
- Garden Salad with Chicken—A healthy alternative with mixed greens, red cabbage, shredded carrots, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, shredded cheese, fried onion straws, and topped with grilled or hand-breaded chicken
- Garden Salad—A lite, healthy choice with mixed greens, red cabbage, shredded carrots, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, shredded cheese and fried onion straws
“With our new salads, we’ve essentially eliminated the ‘veto vote’ from our diners’ decision-making process,” said Hwy 55 president and founder Kenney Moore. “While we’ve built our brand by being different and doing things our own way, we always listen to our guests and respond. We embrace change and will always do what we can to give our guests what they want. They asked for salads and they are going to love ours.”
In addition to the new salads, Hwy 55 will make all menu items combo options and introduced several new selections, including:
- An all-new BLT—Five slices of crispy bacon with lettuce, tomato, mayo, salt & pepper and served on sourdough bread
- The Moose Chicken Cheesesteak—6 oz. of premium sliced tender chicken with crumbled bacon, ranch dressing, provolone and American cheese
And while the burger brand’s foray into Crinkle Cut Fries was met with industry acclaim, Hwy 55 guests missed the diner’s Straight Cut Fries, so they are back along with a new can’t miss side: Tater Tots. Finally, it wouldn’t be a Hwy 55 menu without some new burger magic, so the brand, which is the official restaurant of National Hamburger Day and National Cheeseburger Day, will debut the following:
- All-American Cheeseburger—1/3 lb. of never-frozen burger topped with mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, pickle and choice of American provolone or pepper jack cheese
- Carolina Classic Cheeseburger—1/3 lb. of never-frozen burger topped with mustard, onions, chili, slaw and choice of American, provolone or pepper jack cheese.
Once a well-kept secret in tiny but vibrant Mount Olive, North Carolina, Hwy 55 now operates 135 restaurants in 12 states and has sold the rights to more than 1,000 franchise locations around the world. Hwy 55 has also signed franchise area agreements for Texas, West Virginia, Louisiana, Kentucky, Montana, southern Indiana and Virginia in the past year.