IFDA Announces Winners of 2018 National Truck Driving Championship
The International Foodservice Distributors Association announced the winners of the 33rd annual IFDA Truck Driving Championship held at the Walt Disney World Property. This event, which celebrates safety, annually draws in drivers from all over the country, where contestants compete in different categories ranging from written examinations to a driving obstacle course and pre-trip inspection
“It’s been an honor to host our country’s most elite professional truck drivers this weekend and see such great support from their families and friends who came out to cheer on their drivers,” says IFDA President and CEO Mark Allen. “Only a select few can emerge as champions, and it’s a testament to their commitment to safety and skill that they took home top honors this year.”
The 2018 IFDA Trucking Driving Championship Winners
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place awards were presented for the three different truck classes in the competition. The winners include:
- 1st Place: Todd Allen with Golden State Foods Corporation, Mc Cook, Illinois.
- 2nd Place: Duane Kaitoku with Southern Glazier’s Wine and Spirits of Hawaii, Kapolei, Hawaii.
- 3rd Place: Octavio Cordova with US Foods, Rosemont, Illinois.
3-Axle (28-foot Tractor/Trailer)
- 1st Place: Danny Duke with Shamrock Foods Company, Commerce City, Colorado.
- 2nd Place: Rodney “The Mayor” Baughman with Golden State Foods Corporation, Irvine, California.
- 3rd Place: Chuck Russo with US Foods, Seabrook, New Hampshire.
5-Axle (48-foot Tractor/Trailer)
- 1st Place: Mark Krueger with McLane Foodservice Distribution, Kiel, Wisconsin.
- 2nd Place: Ray Carson with Reinhart Foodservice, LLC, La Crosse, Wisconsin.
- 3rd Place: Jeff Falzon with Reinhart Foodservice, LLC, Fowlerville, Michigan.
In addition, a Team Award was presented to the top performing company with three or more drivers in the competition. Golden State Foods Corporation was awarded the Team Award with the highest average score amongst their drivers. A Rookie of the Year award, given to the first-time driver with the highest score, was presented to Rodney Baughman with Golden State Foods Corporation.
The foodservice distribution industry employs 131,000 truck drivers in the United States. As a vital part of the supply chain, drivers in the industry earn an average annual wage of more than $63,000, well above the average for a U.S. worker.