Iron Hill Toasts Oktoberfest with Special Menu
Beginning on September 29, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant will celebrate Oktoberfest with a special menu of German-inspired favorites and new classics, along with the highly anticipated annual release of their Oktoberfest Lager beer. By popular demand, the popular German-style festival beer will be available in 16-ounce cans, only while supplies last—as well as on draft through October 15 at all 12 Iron Hill locations. Oktoberfest’s release marks the end of summer and the transition into the comforting beers of the fall and winter months.
- Iron Hill’s Oktoberfest recipe is a traditional German-style festival beer, a medium-bodied lager with wonderful malty and bready aroma, and a firm malt flavor balanced with mild bitterness and a clean, dry finish
- Oktoberfest beer will be available in draft pints, growlers and 4-packs
- Single cans and draft pints will be available for dine-in only
- Growlers and 4-packs of 16-oz cans will be available for takeout only
- Iron Hill’s celebratory lineup of classic German dishes pairs perfectly with their Oktoberfest beer. Available at all locations, menu items will include these and more:
- Apfel und Butternut-Kurbis Suppe, butternut squash soup with spiced crème fraiche
- Oktoberfest Egg Rolls, with bratwurst, sauerkraut, cheddar, green onion, beer mustard sauce
- Pommes Jager, house-cut fries with Gruyere, smoked bacon and mushroom gravy, with the option to add a fried egg
- Lachs, mustard-crusted salmon with scallion smashed Yukon gold potatoes, buttery asparagus spears and roasted mushroom sauce
- Schlachtplatte, grilled butcher’s plate with cheddar bratwurst, kielbasa, marinated pork loin, German-style potato salad, bacon-Vienna Red Lager kraut and beer mustard sauce
- Schwabischer Rostbraten, pan-seared NY strip steak with smashed Yukon gold potatoes, haricots verts, crispy onion rings and red wine-onion gravy
- Huhner Schnitzel, pan-fried chicken cutlets with haricots verts and almonds, buttered egg noodles and lemon-herb sauce
- Apfel-Rosinen Brotpudding, warm apple-raisin bread pudding with rum sauce and vanilla ice cream
Founded by home brewers Kevin Finn and Mark Edelson and restaurateur Kevin Davies in Newark, DE twenty years ago, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant has blossomed from one restaurant and brewery to 12 locations across the mid-Atlantic region, including Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey. Each restaurant is dedicated to producing and serving top-quality handcrafted beers and cuisine in a warm and hospitable setting, and all are open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. In 2014, Zagat honored Iron Hill by naming them the most popular restaurant in Philadelphia, and their beers have earned 45 medals from the Great American Beer Festival in an unbroken 20-year winning streak that continues today.