LA’s The Wellesbourne Unveils New Cocktail Program
The Wellesbourne launched the next phase of its cocktail program. Showcasing rare spirits and imaginative recipes, The Wellesbourne cocktail roster itself with evocative ingredients ranging from pasilla pepper syrup to habanero to rose water.
The English provincial-inspired bar’s evolving cocktail program comprises a curated collection of recipes featuring the exclusive Orbium, the new specialty quinine gin from Hendrick’s Gin. This spirit presents notes of fresh herbs, lotus blossom and wormwood and is distilled in extremely small batches and will only be available for a limited time.
The highlight of the new program is the “Bartender Featured Drink” collection with individual recipes from each mixologist behind the bar. This menu is for guests with a sophisticated palate or those who want to venture outside of their cocktail comfort zone and try the mixologists’ current favorite concoctions.
In addition to the bartenders’ curated cocktails, guests can also leave their cocktail creation up to the professionals with the “Dealers Choice” menu. With this personalized cocktail experience, guests select their spirit and flavor profile and the mixologist will craft a one-of-a-kind beverage… just for them.
For more traditional drinkers, “The Liquor Cabinet” menu showcases timeless classics guests know and love.
“We created this cocktail collection not only to pay homage to The Wellie’s vintage roots, but also add a modern take with recipes that are elegant and full-bodied and exclusive to The Wellesbourne,” says Benny Jasso, general manager, The Wellesbourne.
“Bartender Featured Drink” menu includes:
- Akumal by Guy Allore ($17) – Tequila or rum, grapefruit juice, lime juice, Velvet Falernum, habanero bitters, topped with ginger beer and a lime garnish.
- Trinidad Sun by Zach St. John ($17) – Mezcal, Angostura Bitters, orgeat and lime juice.
- Gota de Rosio by Jocelyn Guzman ($17) – Rose water, agave, lemon, peach purée and gin.
- El Verde Corto by Eric Barron ($17) – Tequila, Suze, Lillet Blanc, orange bitters and lime zest.
- The Blues of Rye by Anthony Schmerling ($17) – Rye whiskey, red wine, lemon juice, blueberries, bitters and house-made simple syrup.
“The Liquor Cabinet” menu includes:
- Florence 1919 ($15) – Hendrick’s Gin Orbium, Elderflower Liqueur, Aperol and orange flower water.
- The Bermuda ($15) – Gosling’s Rum, Licor 43 and Angostura Bitters.
- Tin Roof ($15) – Grapefruit bitters, honey, Stillhouse Black Bourbon, ginger and mint.
- Casa Margarita ($15) – Cazadores Reposado, Cointreau, cucumber and lime.
- Oaxacan Old Fashioned ($15) – Roca Patrón Añejo tequila, pasilla pepper syrup, Aztec Chocolate Bitters.
- Summer Love ($15) – Hennessy Cognac, Vermouth, orange bitters and simple syrup.
- The Afterglow ($15) – Belvedere Vodka, coconut water and pineapple juice.
- Greyhound ($15) – Grey Goose Vodka and grapefruit juice.
- Roffignac ($15) – D’usse Cognac, lemon juice, sugar cubes, raspberries and Champagne vinegar.
Where Shakespearean elegance meets an English pub ambiance, The Wellesbourne is home to three rooms, each with its own unique décor. Interesting elements such as floor-to-ceiling vintage books, a grandiose fireplace lounge and casual bar games lend to the rarefied and inspired atmosphere.
The Wellesbourne also offers sophisticated bites featuring elevated renditions of recognizable dishes with a “Wellie” twist. While enjoying specialty cocktails, guests can order a variety of small plates such as the Prime Rib Won Tons with Jalapeño Aioli, Chicken Pot Pie Bites and Deviled Eggs with Bacon Jalapeño Mousse.