NRA Marketing Exec Group Hosts Conference
The National Restaurant Association Marketing Executives Group (MEG) will hold its annual fall conference next month in Miami. Marketing professionals representing some of the nation’s top restaurant chains will gather October 12–14 at the Epic Hotel to address “Real Challenges–Epic Solutions,” the theme of this year’s conference.
“The past three years have been epic in terms of the challenges presented to marketing executives,” says MEG co-chair Aric Nissen, who serves as vice president of marketing for Famous Dave’s. “These extraordinary times call for extraordinary solutions and learning how to achieve more with less. The most successful marketers are re-writing the script, adopting a new playbook, and tackling this new era of marketing with enthusiasm.”
The three-day event, open to members and non-members of The National Restaurant Association responsible for marketing their restaurant’s brand, will feature an array of industry influencers, proven leaders, and consumer behavioral experts. Branding and social media trailblazers will also be on hand to share their knowledge and expertise with attendees.
Joining keynote speaker Dan Kim, founder and CEO of Red Mango, are:
- John Gerzema, best selling author and consumer insight expert
- Adam Bryant, deputy national editor of The New York Times
- Niki Leondakis, COO and president of Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Dennis Lombardi, W.D. Partners
- Jamie Turner, author of “How to Make Money in Social Media”
- Joel Cohen, restaurantmarketing.com
- Alex Lubar, SVP of business development for Grey Worldwide
- Adam B. Schrieber, co-founder and partner of ConveoNation.com
- Jon Jameson, principal of Bellwether Food Group
- Kim Miler, vice president of marketing for Pollo Tropical
- Monique Yeager, vice president of marketing for Tony Roma’s
- Jennifer Weerheim, vice president of marketing for Yard House Restaurants
Kicking off the three-day event is an opening dinner and reception at the Epic Hotel that includes a poolside cocktail party overlooking Biscayne Bay. To learn more about MEG’s fall conference, Real Challenges–Epic Solutions, taking place in Miami on October 12–14, go to www.restaurant.org.