PNC Merchant Services Launches Tablet-Based POS System
PNC Merchant Services announced a new tablet-based point-of-sale system for restaurant owners/managers, Clover Station from First Data Corporation, capable of replacing the cash register, credit/debit card terminal, receipt printer, and barcode scanner. Clover Station features:
· High-resolution touch screen – Equipped with an encrypted card reader and a fast-focusing camera for barcode and Quick Response (QR) scanning.
· Cloud technology – Allows merchants to track their business operations from anywhere, at anytime.
· Always online – Merchants can process transactions even if the Internet connection is disrupted.
· App Market – New apps are available for download to help grow a merchant’s business. Options include apps to assign and transfer tables between servers, or to establish special pricing during happy hour.
· Simplify management duties – Access to employee timecards, transaction reports and inventory management all on one system.
“Clover offers restaurants advanced technology and user-friendly functionality,” says David Shorten, senior vice president and general manager, PNC Merchant Services. “Its cutting-edge technology and features can help restaurant owners manage and simplify their business.”