Pop-Tarts Ice Cream Sandwiches and More at Kellogg's New NYC Café
Kellogg's NYC Café is back. On Thursday, foodies and cereal lovers in NYC can join Tony the Tiger at the new and improved café, located at 31 E. 17th St. Five times the size of its predecessor, the new Kellogg's NYC Café offers exciting new ways to explore the unexpected flavors of cereal—all day, every day.
The new 5,000-square-foot space boasts a brand new cereal-inspired menu, with a few returning fan favorites. The menu also features several items developed by designer, foodie and lifestyle expert Lauren Conrad, who has partnered with Kellogg's for the opening of the new café, including:
- Wake Me Up by Lauren Conrad: Frosted Flakes, pumpkin spice, graham cracker crumble, gingersnaps
- #KumquatLife: Chocolate Frosted Flakes, candied kumquats, pepitas, cardamom yogurt
- Bananas Foster: Special K, Frosted Flakes, cajeta, rum roasted bananas, candied cashews
In addition to the menu items for the café's opening, Lauren Conrad has also designed a "secret" off-menu creation called Make Me Blush—a must-snap for every Instagrammer who enjoys taking photos of their food—especially cereal! She has also created several other seasonal items that will be incorporated into the menu in the upcoming months.
"Kellogg's NYC Café is the perfect place for people to think and dream bigger when it comes to cereal," said Conrad. "I'm excited to share my tasty new creations and see what cereal tricks others who visit the café have up their sleeve."
Additionally, the menu will include:
- Homemade Eggo waffles, fresh off the griddle (a first in the waffle's nearly 64-year history) with Corn Flakes crusted chicken and maple butter (limited time only)
- DIY cereal bar, which will have more than 30 different ingredients on hand – such as nuts, jams, candied orange peel, matcha and espresso powder, date molasses tahini, yellow cake mix, seasonal fruits and more.
- Masala Time Snack Mix as a pre-packaged grab-and-go treat
- Pop-Tarts ice cream sandwiches featuring OddFellows ice cream
And many more cereal-centric surprises.
Open seating and an immersive kitchen welcome Kellogg's NYC Café guests, and an Instagram-friendly nook features lighting, props and angles for social-savvy cereal lovers to snap their picture-perfect bowl of cereal.
"We're thrilled to open the doors to a bigger, more dynamic Kellogg's NYC Café tomorrow," says Aleta Chase, Marketing Director for Kellogg's. "We are excited to bring even bigger ideas to life in our new home and create fun, unique cereal experiences that feed into foodie culture."
Kellogg's has also teamed up with special collaborators like Misen, KitchenAid, The Inside, Crate & Barrel, MadeIn, Nintendo, and more to take the café experience to a new level.
"The first Kellogg's NYC Café was just the tip of the iceberg in terms of creative possibilities," says Anthony Rudolf of Co.create. "This new space creates a hangout where guests can inspire and be inspired by how fun a bowl of cereal can be."
The café will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
"As a neighborhood that serves as an incubator for new food concepts, we are excited to welcome Kellogg's NYC Café to Union Square's vibrant, ever-evolving culinary mix," says Jennifer E. Falk, Executive Director of the Union Square Partnership. "Union Square is home to a variety of exceptional eateries, and the addition of Kellogg's new cereal café will further enrich our community's culinary scene."