Shoney’s Seafood Fest Arrives Just in Time for Lenten Season
Seafood season is back and Shoney’s is casting the widest net.
The iconic, All-American restaurant brand, world-renowned for freshly-prepared, high-quality food at a great value with friendly service is honoring the Lenten period—when seafood is at the top of everyone's wish list—with several freshly-prepared seafood offerings, enhancements to its Seafood Fresh Food Bar and Pecan Pie as a featured dessert.
Starting Tuesday and through April 21, Shoney’s will feature the best seafood found in its extensive search that will be prepared with Shoney’s signature quality, all under the supervision of Shoney’s team of culinary experts. This year's catch features:
- Teriyaki Glazed Salmon—Grilled Salmon filet topped with a sweet teriyaki glaze. Served with choice of two side items.
- Shrimp Stir-Fry—Tender grilled shrimp stir-fried with broccoli, onions, red peppers and teriyaki sauce, then ladled over choice of steamed rice or rice pilaf. Garnished with chopped green onions and served with grilled garlic bread. Includes choice of two sides.
- Crispy Pile O’ Shrimp—A dozen large shrimp, hand-breaded in our homemade bread crumbs. Served with choice of two sides and cocktail sauce.
- Shoney’s Fish Sandwich—Codfish filet, hand-breaded in our homemade bread crumbs then served on a toasted hoagie with lettuce and tartar sauce. Served with French fries.
- Lobster Roll—Tender, cold water North American Atlantic lobster tossed with mayonnaise, celery, green onions and seasonings, then served on a bed of lettuce in a toasted roll. Includes French fries.
- Lobster Artichoke Spinach Dip—Tender pieces of cold water North American Atlantic lobster, sautéed spinach and artichokes in a creamy three-cheese sauce. Served with our classic Dixie Tater Chips.
- Pecan Pie—A rich filling mixed with pecans and baked in a flaky crust. Topped with vanilla bean ice cream and a drizzling of sea salt caramel sauce.
During the same period, guests can enjoy enhancements to Shoney’s Seafood Fresh Food Bar, with freshly prepared all you care to eat items such as Lobster Mac & Cheese, Creamy Seafood Bake, New Orleans-style BBQ Shrimp, Stuffed Sole, Baked Whole Catfish with Onions, Peppers & Tomatoes and more.
“Shoney’s prides itself on giving our valued guests what they want when they want it,” says. David Davoudpour, Shoney’s Chairman and CEO. “And now, it’s the season for seafood and we’re serving the finest the ocean has to offer. This year’s Seafood Fest will satisfy our guests at every level and we look forward to serving you at our restaurants during this special time of year.”