Smithfield Foods Launches One-Stop Pork Resource Library
Smithfield Foods announced the launch of their first chef-driven mobile application, Pork Solved. Pork Solved is the first application that explores pork cuts (and the various ways to cook and serve them) available in the digital marketplace. The app is an innovation center at the touch of a button. This one-stop pork resource library combines Smithfield’s extensive knowledge on pork with the culinary expertise of their advisory board of chefs from various foodservice operations.
The nation’s leading pork producer offers their expert insight through a concise and captivating mobile platform. According to Nielsen Holdings research, mobile usage accounts for 51 percent of adult user time spent per day with digital media. Pork Solved easily provides accessible information for culinary leaders.
Features of the app include:
- Pork Cuts Glossary: provides detailed information on the location, look, the taste of a cut and more.
- Pork Preparation Tips: offers easy-to-follow instructions on a variety of cooking methods like sous vide and sautéing.
- Menu Ideas: inspires menu creativity categorized by weather seasons and holiday seasons.
- Recipes: houses a large database of ethnic and traditional options in comprehensible detail.
- Product list of SKU’s: holds a description of all product offerings along with the accompanying code.
“Our hope is for chefs to adopt Pork Solved into their innovation routine. So whenever they’re seeking information about pork or need some inspiration, we provide them answers,” said Chip Morgan, Director of Marketing, Foodservice & Industrial at Smithfield Foods. “There are numerous resources for beef cuts in the marketplace, but there was nothing for pork. We wanted to give chefs the medium to become their own pork experts.”
The latest version of the Pork Solved app is available and is free to download on the Google Play Store and the Apple Store.
Smithfield is a $15 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield, Eckrich, Farmland, Armour, Cook's®, John Morrell, Gwaltney, Nathan's Famous, Kretschmar, Margherita, Curly's, Carando, and Healthy Ones. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety and quality programs.