St. Louis' Nixta Introduces Summer Menu
Nixta, St. Louis’ premier locale for modern Mexican fare, heats things up with the debut of a newly curated summer menu. Featuring an assortment of staple and seasonal plates, expertly prepared by Executive Chef Tello Carreon, the vibrant neighborhood eatery from owner Ben Poremba’s Bengelina Hospitality Group serves up delectable dishes keeping palates delighted all summer long. Fusing Chef Tello’s Mexican heritage with Poremba’s Mediterranean flare, the menu offers up inventive recipes, melding rich traditions with contemporary techniques.
Since opening in winter of 2016, Nixta continues supplying a bevy of inventive interpretations of classic dishes. The restaurant’s summer menu is no exception, showcasing flavorful and creative dishes, setting a new standard for Mexican cuisine within the incredible St. Louis dining scene. This season, diners can revel in standouts including Burrata paired with tomatoes, braised carrot salsa and tomatillo-avocado, a Shrimp Tostada topped with chorizo butter-poached shrimp, lettuce and fresh avocado, a refreshing Ceviche Verde mixed with cobia, shrimp, pineapple and aguachille and more. The full summer menu is below:
- Pepita Guacamole
- Black Bean Hummus
- Tlayuda (flour tortilla, carrot-coriander salsa, burrata, seeds, herbs)
- Flautas (local mushrooms, spinach, three cheeses, mushroom crema)
- Hand Made Empanadas (cochinita pibil (citrus braised pork shoulder), salsa loca)
- Burrata (tomatoes, braised carrot salsa, tomatillo-avocado)
- Ceviche Verde (cobia, shrimp, pineapple, aguachile)
- Shrimp Tostada (chorizo butter-poached shrimp, avocado, lettuce)
- Crab Tostada (blue corn tortilla, avocado, poblano, mango)
- Taco Al Pastor (confit pork belly, caramelized pineapple, pineapple pico)
- Huarache (daily preparation)
- Pulpo (crispy octopus, fried potato, charred lettuce, mole almendrado)
- Duck Carinitas (pulled duck, apple-poblano slaw, house salsas)
- Sturgeon (parsnip, fajita peppers, achiote)
- Lamb Tacos (braised lamb shoulder, guajillo salsa, herb salad)
- Mole Negro de Abuelita Concepcion (beef or chicken)
With summer in St. Louis in full swing, the quirky, colorful ambiance of Nixta spills out to its street-side patio for al fresco dining and sipping. In addition to delectable plates, diners can indulge in one of Nixta’s signature house made Micheladas, an expertly curated list of tequilas, mezcals and rums as well as a selection of flavorful craft cocktails including the Ocho (mezcal, lime, grapefruit, luxardo and ghost pepper) and the Nueve (pineapple rum, lime and rich brown sugar simple).
Nixta is open for dinner Tuesday through Saturday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., and late night at Bar Limón Thursday through Saturday from 10 p.m. to midnight.