Two-Day Conference Covers Restaurant Investing
Private equity investors active in the restaurant space are invited to attend an inaugural conference that will cover the complete deal cycle - from locating the best investment opportunity to maximizing the value on a sale.
Nearly 20 of the industry's leading consultants, advisers, and restaurateurs will offer their prospective and advice on topics such as finding and compensating the best talent, ideas for turnarounds if the deal goes south, and exit strategies for maximizing value on the sale.
The event will be held September 8 and 9 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Rosemont, Illinois. It is sponsored by SS&G Financial Services, along with FRANdata and Monroe Moxness Berg PA.
Gary Shamis, managing director of SS&G, wanted to create a conference tailored to restaurant investors. "Investors keep asking me what the secret is, so I joined forces with some of the smartest people in the industry to create this conference,” he says. “It's an absolutely unique forum with a dynamic group of talented and seasoned experts who have a lot to share.”
Shamis will co-host the event with Brad Saltz, director of SS&G's restaurant services group; Dennis Monroe, partner and chairman of the law firm of Monroe Moxness Berg PA; and Darrell Johnson, CEO of FRANdata. Guest speakers include:
- Gene Baldwin, partner at CRGPartners
- Jim Balis, president of The Restaurant Management Group
- Josh Benn, founding partner of Duff & Phelps
- Rick Doody, chairman and founder of Bravo | Brio Restaurant Group
- David Epstein, principal at J.H. Chapman Group LLC
- Randy Evans, partner at Monroe Moxness Berg PA
- Phil Friedman, CEO of Salsarita's Holdings LLC
- Richard Gibson, partner at Monroe Moxness Berg PA
- John Hamburger, president of Franchise Times Corp.
- Rodger Head, president and CEO of bd's Mongolian Grill
- Fred LeFranc, president and CEO of Results Thru Strategy Inc.
- Tim McEnery, founder and CEO of Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant
- Mark Saltzgaber, consultant to leading restaurant companies
- Clint Shackelford, principal at Camino Real Advisors LLC
- Reid Sherard, president and CEO of Capital Growth Advisors LLC
- Ron Stockman, president and CEO of National Restaurant Search
For more information, including an itinerary, biographies of the speakers, and registration information, visit www.ssandg.com/events or call 800-869-1834. Cost per attendee is $495.