Walk-On’s Bistreaux & Bar Revamps Menu, Adds New Items
Walk-On’s Bistreaux & Bar, a full-service family sports bar that provides gourmet takes on game day favorites, will continue to please guests’ palettes with several tasty additions to its fan favorite, made-from-scratch food and beverage offerings.
Starting Monday, January 28, guests will be able to enjoy a brand-new assortment of flavorful dishes, prepared with only the finest fresh ingredients, featuring the eatery’s signature unique taste of Louisiana. Constantly innovating and remaining abreast to today’s up-and-coming food trends, the new items will reflect updated brand favorites as well as new additions aimed to expand to new taste buds, all while remaining authentic. Some additions include:
- Boom Boom Shrimp Tacos: A Walk-On’s favorite, now as a taco! Fried shrimp tossed in boom boom sauce topped with cabbage, jack cheese, tomato, green onion, all served with sweet potato fries.
- Loaded Queseaux: Based on the idea of loaded nachos, Walk-On’s Loaded Queseaux is a Cajun queseaux filled with chili, sour cream, tomato and pickled jalapeños all served with tortilla chips.
- Blackened Redfish: A Louisiana favorite, Walk-On’s take will include blackened redfish, sweet corn grits, beurre blanc sauce, green beans and garlic bread.
- 46 Old Fashioned: Featuring Maker’s Mark 46 Bourbon, this upscale old fashioned also includes Finest Call simple syrup, bitters, a twist of orange oils and a classic cherry garnish.
- Bandita: This Mexican martini contains Camarena Reposado tequila, Patrón Citrónge Mango Liqueur, Finest Call citrus sour, Finest Call lime sour, Finest Call simple syrup, topped with 7 Moons red blend and an orange twist.
- Kentucky Mule: A favorite mule with a southern spin, the Kentucky Mule is shaken up with Buffalo Trace bourbon, Finest Call lime sour, Finest Call simple syrup, Q ginger beer and finished with fresh lime.
- Southern Smash: A favorite of Walk-On’s founder, Brandon Landry, the refreshing Southern Smash features Stoli cucumber vodka, Monin watermelon syrup, lemonade and a hint of mint with a cucumber wheel garnish.
With 25 current locations and plans for nationwide expansion throughout 2019, Walk-On’s aims to bring familiar flavors and broadened American favorites nationwide while maintaining its regionality and authentic southern flare.
“Walk-On’s was founded on the ‘walk-on’ mentality that hard work, motivation and innovation yields the best results. We take the same approach to our food and beverage menu ensuring that it is always updated to reflect the best overall product with a unique nod to today’s trends,” says Mike Turner, Walk-On’s Vice president of culinary. “While developing this menu, I knew we had some real star players that reflect the tastes of our expanding customer base and I can’t wait for them to taste it.”
Whether it be for date night, a drink, girl’s night out or a family dinner, Walk-On’s is the place for everyone—because everyone needs a little playing time. Every dish is made from scratch using fresh ingredients to bring its savory cuisine to life. Walk-On’s diverse menu has offerings ranging from unique twists on game day staples to upscale takes on Louisiana mainstays pleasing all palates. Its game day atmosphere paired with a true southern hospitality makes it a perfect dining destination for everyone. As stated by co-owner and NFL superstar Drew Brees, Walk-On’s is “a great place to bring my family, teammates and business colleagues,” and we’re excited to help “expand the brand across the nation.” Today, with 25 locations and 100 locations in development across 15 states, Walk-On’s has become a household favorite nationwide.