Buffalo Wild Wings Rolls Out Red Carpet for March Madness
As always, Buffalo Wild Wings is pulling out all the stops for March Madness. On Monday, the chicken-wing chain unveiled its in-restaurant and Final Four activations designed to reward guests and enhance their tournament-viewing experience.
Through the April 2 NCAA Championship game, Buffalo Wild Wings is offering customers the chance to win Blazin’ Rewards bonus points. Guests can also purchase team-branded pint glasses and limited-edition e-gift cards. At the company’s Sports Lounge located within Final Four Fest in San Antonio, Texas, customers can participate in Blazin’ Challenge wing-eating contests and experienced a first-of-its-kind digital experience called “Tender by B-Dubs,” which helps connect wing-lovers with their perfect sauce.
“Buffalo Wild Wings is the ultimate destination for college basketball fans looking to watch March Madness with their friends while enjoying hot wings and delicious beverages,” says Bob Ruhland, vice president of marketing for Buffalo Wild Wings, in a statement. “This year, we wanted to reward our loyal fans with opportunities that will elevate their Tournament watching experience in our restaurants and at the Final Four.”
Here’s a breakdown of some of the activations for the tournament:
- Blazin’ Rewards Spin & Win: Members of the Blazin’ Rewards loyalty program can earn bonus points every time they visit a B-Dubs restaurant during March Madness. When a member checks in to a participating restaurant on the Blazin’ Rewards app, they can spin a virtual wheel and build a roster of eight NCAA Men’s basketball teams. Members will receive bonus points every time their teams win, and prizes increase with each round of the Championship. For example, 50 bonus points for Round of 64, 75 for Round of 32, 150 for Sweet 16, 250 for Elite 8, 350 for Final Four and 500 for winning the National Championship.
- Ticket Giveaways: Participating Buffalo Wild Wings restaurants in NCAA Championship host cities will give away tickets to Fans, providing them with the opportunity to enjoy the tournament action in person.
- B-Dubs Collegiate Collection Glassware: Fans of 21 colleges and universities can tap into their school pride and grab fandom by the glass with the B-Dubs Collegiate Collection. Fans can purchase a 4-pack pint glass set featuring the logo of their favorite college team on the front, and Buffalo Wild Wings on the back, for $34.99 (includes shipping). Every order includes a $5 e-gift card and members of the Blazin’ Rewards program earn 100 bonus points with every $10 spent on glassware.
- March Madness Gift Cards: Fans who purchase a limited-edition $30 March Madness gift card in-restaurant or online will receive a bonus $5 e-gift card.
For those planning a trip to San Antonio, here are the Final Four activations:
- B-Dubs Sports Lounge: During Fan Fest, fans can visit the B-Dubs Sports Lounge, featuring flat-screen TVs to watch tournament coverage, Blazin’ Challenge wing eating contests and appearances by current NCAA college basketball coaches. Blazin’ Rewards members will also earn double check-in points when they check in at Fan Fest.
- Tender by B-Dubs: Only available at a kiosk in the B-Dubs Sports Lounge, Buffalo Wild Wings is helping wing-lovers find their perfect sauce match. First, users will answer a series of personality-based questions to determine their taste profile. Then, they’ll view profiles of B-Dubs’ 21 sauces and seasonings, each telling the user about themselves and why they would make a perfect match. Users can “wipe” left if they’re not interested or right to receive a match made in sauce heaven.
- Sauce Sampling: B-Dubs will hand out more than 40,000 free, travel-sized bottles of its popular Honey BBQ sauce to fans at the B-Dubs Sports Lounge and after the championship game at the Alamodome.