Ted’s Montana Grill Reveals Biggest Menu Overhaul in Brand's History
Ted’s Montana Grill unveiled its biggest menu overhaul May 3 since being co-founded in 2002 by Ted Turner and restaurateur George McKerrow.
The 45-unit brand, which claims to offer the world’s largest menu featuring bison and has restaurants in 16 states, spent six months analyzing current and lapsed-guest perceptions of its menu offerings, service, quality, and value. The result: Guests value a Ted’s Montana Grill menu that is flexible and wide-ranging in variety, the company said.
Instead of scaling back like many chains, Ted’s was inspired to expand its offerings.
“Ted’s Montana Grill has a longstanding tradition of serving menu items that reflect the Great American West with locally-inspired flavors and ingredients,” Kristi Martin, president, said in a statement. “As a result of our guest-centric research efforts, we’ve developed menu enhancements that place a greater value on variety, tradition, preparation and value. By extending the menu selection and offering a larger variety of proteins, we are also empowering our 45 local culinary teams to think outside of the box and also contribute to future menu development initiatives.”
Here are some highlights:
- Salmon Burger—enhanced with fresh lemon, the burger is finished with smoky bacon and a fried egg. The burger is then topped with a cool dill cream sauce and fresh, locally sourced arugula and a grilled tomato
- Turkey Burger—seasoned with fresh chopped basil and grilled to perfection with melted Pepper Jack cheese, Sriracha aioli and fresh arugula
- George’s Classic Cadillac—a time-honored Ted’s favorite that will now revert back to the original recipe of cheddar cheese, bacon and tangy barbecue sauce—served with a side of yellow mustard
- 1977 America’s Cup—an ode to Ted Turner’s win of the 1977 America’s Cup, the hand-crafted burger is topped with American Cheese, smoky bacon, grilled onions and a fried egg on a brioche bun
- Bison Chopped Steak—expertly seasoned and grilled to temperature, finished with house-made brown gravy, grilled onions and mushrooms
- New York Strip—hand-cut in the in-restaurant butcher shop, the New York Strip is what Ted’s considers the “steak lover’s steak”—offered in both beef and bison
- Blue Cheese Bacon Butter & Spiced Coffee Rub—scratch-made and an available accompaniment to any of Ted’s six signature steak cuts
- Enhanced Side Dishes—sautéed Brussels sprouts, green beans and cauliflower, creamed spinach, roasted asparagus and chef’s featured vegetables
- Strawberry Shortcake—the colossal Strawberry shortcake is artfully and architecturally prepared to leave a long lasting, spring-inspired and tasteful impression.