Black Soybean Salsa
Many consumers are interested in better-for-you foods that serve as satisfying snacks without the diet guilt. Soyfoods offer plant-based protein and fiber in a cholesterol-free form that is low in saturated fats and boasts a heart-healthy nutrition profile. Dishes that use soyfoods, such as this Black Soybean Salsa, can be powerful differentiators as both craveable and healthy fare.
1 15-ounce can black soybeans, drained and rinsed
1 small tomato, diced
1/4 small yellow onion, minced
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 1/2 jalapeños, minced
1 1/2 limes
1 tsp smoked tomato powder
Salt to taste
Blue chips or crackers
1. In a medium bowl, add black soybeans, tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro and jalapenos, and mix.
2. Juice limes, add to soybean mixture.
3. Add tomato powder and salt to taste.
4. Mix gently and let set for two hours before serving.
5. Serve with chips or crackers.
Yields approximately 2 cups.