Brown Butter Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Nothing says it’s the holiday season like tasty cookies. On behalf of Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, the award-winning 1,300 acre resort in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, here is the Brown Butter Chocolate Pecan Cookies recipe from their pastry team.
Yields 2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp molasses
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ea egg
- 1 ea egg yolk
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
Plus, sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Place half of the butter in a skillet and heat on medium until the butter begins to foam and froth. The butter will begin to separate and the milk solids will brown and give off a rich nutty aroma. Remove from heat and reserve in a bowl.
- Beat the remaining ½ cup of butter and brown sugar until smooth and airy.
- Add in the vanilla and molasses. Mix until combined.
- Pour in cooled brown butter and granulated sugar. Beat until smooth and mixture has lightened in color.
- Add in egg and egg yolk. Mix until combined.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Mix chocolate chips and pecans on low until just combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop dough into 2 tablespoon portions and sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
- Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes at 350*F until golden brown.