Hot Dog with Charred Corn and Avocado Relish
Recently, the FDA made it official: Yes, avocados are in fact healthy for you. With consumers clamoring for better-for-you options, finding creative ways to present the on-trend ingredient is a sure way to get guests in your seats. Here's a recipe from Chef Mark Garcia of Avocados From Mexico.
- 1 each Grilled hot dog
- 1 each Split-top bun, toasted
- 3 Tbsp. Charred Corn & Avocado Relish (recipe follows)
- Place grilled hot dog into a toasted spilt-top bun.
- Top with Charred Corn & Avocado Relish.
Chef’s notes: Serve with dill pickle spears.
Charred Corn & Avocado Relish
Makes 24 servings
- 6 Tbsp. Fire-roasted corn
- 2 Tbsp. Jalapeños, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Red Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 Tbsp. Avocados From Mexico, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ tsp. Salt
- In a large bowl, combine fire-roasted corn, jalapeños, red onion, cherry tomatoes, avocados, lime juice, olive oil and salt.
- Toss until well combined.
Chef’s notes: Store and refrigerate until service.