Stuffed Crust Pizza
This recipe by Wewalka makes a satisfying stuffed crust easy and delicious.
1 package Wewalka Classic Pizza Dough
Egg wash (1 egg and 2 tbsp water, beaten)
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup smoked Gouda cheese, grated
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Unroll refrigerated Classic Pizza Dough. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to increase all sides about 1/4 inch. Brush dough edges with egg wash, as this will help seal the folded dough to create a stuffed crust.
3. Place about 1/2 cup of crumbled bacon and 1/4 cup of smoked Gouda cheese around the very edge of all 4 sides.
4. Fold 1/2 in of dough edge over the cheese and bacon, gently pressing "dough to dough" to seal all sides.
5. Spoon on sauce evenly to cover. Add remaining cheese and bacon. Add salt and pepper to taste, or sprinkle coarse salt on the crust before baking. Bake as directed and serve warm.