Turkey Burger Benedict
With a poached egg and jalapeño hollandaise sauce, this freshly grilled turkey burger makes a mouthwatering addition to breakfast and brunch menus. Pair with crispy hash browns and a spicy Bloody Maria to create a signature special.
4 brioche roll or bagel
2 tbsp fresh butter, soft
4 ounces shredded Cheddar
1 ounces sautéed onions, golden brown
1 4-ounce Savory White Turkey burger
1 poached egg
3 ounces pico de gallo
3 ounces Jalapeño Hollandaise Sauce (recipe below)
As needed baby arugula
As needed grape tomatoes
Ingredients for Jalapño Hollandaise Sauce
2 tbsp minced shallots
1 tsp cracked black peppercorns
3 ounces (6 tbsp) white balsamic vinegar
2 ounces (1/4 cup) water
5 egg yolks, fresh or pasteurized
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 lb butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
To taste sea salt
To taste white pepper
To taste hot sauce or cayenne
4 tbsp fresh jalapeños, finely diced
Ingredients for Pico de Gallo (recipe below)
2 small bunches green onions, cleaned (white and green parts), 1/4-inch diced
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
4 fresh plum tomatoes, ripe, 1/4-inch diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalapeño, seeds removed, chopped fine
1/2 bunch cilantro, large stems removed, chopped fine
To taste salt and black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp Cholula hot sauce
1. Brush both sides of the brioche roll or bagel with the soft butter and then toast. Spread with shredded Cheddar and top with sautéed onions.
2. Assemble burger by stacking cooked and grilled turkey burger over roll or bagel. Place poached egg over burger.
3. Layer pico de gallo and jalapeño hollandaise sauce over egg and top sandwich with the remaining roll or bagel half.
4. Garnish with baby arugula and grape tomatoes.
Directions for Jalapño Hollandaise Sauce
1. Combine the shallots, peppercorns and vinegar in a small non-reactive saucepan and reduce over medium heat until nearly dry.
2. Add the water to the reduction and strain into a clean stainless steel bowl.
3. Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, cubed butter, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
4. Place the bowl over simmering water, heating and whisking constantly until the sauce thickens and forms a ribbon.
5. Adjust seasoning and add diced jalapeños.
6. Sauce is ready to serve and may be held for one hour.
Directions for Pico de Gallo
1. Combine all the ingredients and blend well. Adjust seasonings.
2. Cover and marinate under refrigeration for at least 30 minutes before serving.