Vita Coco's Carnitas Tacos
These carnitas tacos from Vita Coco, served hot and ready to go, are always a crowd pleaser.
16 oz. Vita Coco Coconut Water
2 lbs. pork shoulder
4 chopped ancho chile peppers
1 sliced white onion
3 crushed garlic cloves
1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
1 thinly sliced red onion
1 cup lime juice
pinch of salt
Fresh cilantro for garnish
Your favorite tortillas for assembly
- Rub pork shoulders with salt before marinating with coconut water, ancho chile peppers, sliced white onion, crushed garlic cloves. Marinate overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat your oven to 300℉.
- Braise pork in a covered pan for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, marinate your shaved red onion in lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Remove pork from the oven and pull apart.
- Heat up tortillas, add pork, red onions, and cilantro.