IHOP Partners with Quaker Oats for Oatmeal Varieties
IHOP®, America’s favorite breakfast place, announced September 7 a new partnership with The Quaker Oats Company resulting in the creation of a proprietary blend of oatmeal, and the first jointly developed breakfast item between the two iconic brands. This partnership also marks the first time The Quaker Oats Company has ever partnered to create a branded item specifically for the Family Dining restaurant segment. IHOP’s new oatmeal blends three different types of oats to offer unique flavors and textures.
Beginning this week, IHOP will add a choice of oatmeal varieties made with Quaker® Oats, including Super Fruit & Nut Oatmeal, Super Fruit Oatmeal, and Banana & Brown Sugar Oatmeal to their menu. Two of the new varieties feature so called “super fruits,” which are known to exhibit superb nutrient richness.
“We are excited about our new association with The Quaker Oats Company,” says Natalia Franco, IHOP’s senior vice president of marketing. “By bringing together two beloved food brands, we have created an exciting product that is full of flavor and nutrition.” Franco continues, “IHOP has something to satisfy every taste and diet, and we are committed to continually introducing new, delicious low-calorie and smart options to the menu.”
“Partnering with IHOP, a brand that gets as excited about breakfast as we do, is a natural fit for Quaker,” says Kristina Mangelsdorf, chief marketing officer, PepsiCo Food Service. “For more than 130 years Quaker has been nourishing healthy families with delicious, whole grain foods and we’re excited to continue to innovate and expand the ways in which we serve oatmeal lovers.”
“We were delighted to work with Quaker to formulate an oatmeal blend that is hearty, creamy, toasty and uniquely IHOP that meets both our high standards for breakfast foods,” says David Shaw, executive chef, marketing, IHOP. “These new oatmeals, along with our new whole wheat menu items, demonstrate IHOP’s commitment to continually introducing new, delicious low-calorie and smart dining options and we think these new additions will become customer favorites.”
To help promote IHOP’s new oatmeal, starting in October, the brand will launch a Facebook app that will live on both the IHOP and Quaker Oats Facebook pages. Fans will be invited to make their own Oatmeal creation, snap a photo and caption their creation (for example, using Super Fruit to create an Oatmeal face) and submit it to either IHOP’s or Quaker Oats’ Facebook page for a chance to win IHOP gift cards.
Also new this fall, IHOP announced plans to expand its under-600-calorie SIMPLE & FIT menu and other more wholesome menu offerings. New SIMPLE & FIT additions will include:
· Super Fruit Oatmeal – A bowl of freshly-made Quaker Oats, lightly sweetened with cinnamon sugar, and topped with a blend of five dried super fruits, including blueberries, cherries, cranberries, raisins, and golden raisins. (290 Calories*)
· Super Fruit Oatmeal with Almonds and Walnuts – A bowl of freshly-made Quaker Oats, lightly sweetened with cinnamon sugar, and topped with almonds, walnuts and a blend of five dried super fruits, including blueberries, cherries, cranberries, raisins, and golden raisins. (330 calories*)
· Banana and Brown Sugar Oatmeal– A bowl of freshly made Quaker Oats topped with fresh banana slices and served with brown sugar and milk. (260 calories*)
· Whole Wheat Pancakes Combo – Two Whole Wheat Pancakes topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar served with egg substitute and two strips of turkey bacon. (460 calories*)
· Kid’s Whole Wheat Pancake Combo – One Whole Wheat Pancake topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar served with egg substitute and one strip of turkey bacon. (260 calories*)
· Whole Wheat Waffle Combo – A Whole Wheat Waffle topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar served with egg substitute and two strips of turkey bacon (510 calories*)
· Whole Wheat Crepe – One Whole Wheat Crepe filled with sweet cream cheese and topped with lightly sweetened blueberries and powdered sugar. (380 calories*)
* Variations in ingredients and preparation, as well as substitutions, will increase or decrease stated calories. Stated calories are approximate. Caloric values obtained by laboratory testing may be different.