IFA Franchise Education & Research Foundation Has Call for Nominations
The International Franchise Association’s (IFA) Franchise Education & Research Foundation announced it is accepting nominations for the 2016 Franchising Gives Back Annual Awards. In partnership with Roark Capital Group, the second annual awards program salutes the best, most innovative community leaders and charitable programs nationwide. Winners will be honored at an awards celebration and dinner on September 12 during the IFA’s Franchise Action Network Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C.
“Franchising Gives Back celebrates charitable support and exemplary leadership in the franchise community across the country,” says Steve Romaniello, CFE, managing director, Roark Capital Group. “Franchise businesses are constantly giving back to communities nationwide, and we’re excited to recognize those companies, franchisees and suppliers that are truly making a difference.”
“The response to Franchising Gives Back during our first year was overwhelmingly positive, and we’re grateful for the tremendous support we received from IFA members, as well as their charitable partners,” adds John Reynolds, CFE, president of the Franchise Education & Research Foundation. “As Franchising Gives Back and the awards program continue to grow, we encourage franchisors, franchisees and supplier partners to get involved and share their stories about the impact they’re making around the country.”
Now through June 17, current IFA members and/or any of their affiliated organizations are invited to visit franchisinggivesback.org/awards and nominate their company’s charitable initiatives performed in 2015. Winners will be selected in five categories:
- Spirit of Franchising Award—honors an IFA member whose charitable or community support program embodies the spirit of what it means to be a part of the franchising industry by giving back to his or her local community.
- The Newcomer Award—highlights a new charitable or community support program launched that has made a significant impact on a local community.
- Enduring Impact Award—honors an IFA member with a longstanding commitment to his or her community that has been executing an outstanding charitable or community support program(s) for at least five consecutive years.
- Support Our Veterans Award—recognizes an IFA member whose charitable or community support program has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help those men and women who have served in the U.S. military and their families, and positively impacted their local community along the way.
- Innovation and Impact Award—honors an IFA member whose charitable or community support program focused on using creative, innovative ways to maximize the benefits and impact on their community with limited resources.
Last year, the IFA Educational Foundation recognized five Gold Winners, including: Denny’s (Share Our Strength/No Kid Hungry), Jersey Mike’s Subs (Wipe Out Kid’s Cancer), CertaPro Painters (Home for Our Troops), Figaro’s Pizza, Inc. (H.E.L.P The Charity) and Church’s Chicken (Church’s Partner Foundation).
Ten additional Silver Award Winners were recognized, including: Massage Envy Spa (The Arthritis Foundation), Sport Clips (American Red Cross), Marriott International (Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals), The Melting Pot (St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital), CKE Restaurant Holdings, Inc. (Gary Sinise Foundation), Golden Corral Buffet & Grill (Camp Corral), Jibu (Jibu Water Program), Wingstop (North Texas Food Bank) Moe’s Southwest Grill in Abilene, Texas (Taylor County Sheriff’s Office) and SOLDIERFIT (22 Needs A Face).
Franchising Gives Back depends on donations to the Franchise Education & Research Foundation.