Management Moves: Buca di Beppo, Sizzler
Planet Hollywood Group of Companies president and CEO David Crabtree has announced that Rick Tasman has joined the Buca di Beppo brand as president and CEO.
“I am delighted that Rick has joined the company to lead our continued expansion and operations of Buca di Beppo. Rick comes to us with many years experience successfully growing other brands in the casual dining restaurant segment,” says. Crabtree.
“Through his strong operations experience and leadership, Rick will prove invaluable as we continue to grow the brand.”
With more than twenty-five years of experience developing, operating and successfully growing casual dining restaurants, Tasman was most recently the COO of P.F. Chang’s China Bistro.
“I am very excited to be a part of this iconic and growing brand,” Tasman says. “The passion of the team at every level, the made from scratch daily menu, our commitment to being your first choice in celebratory dining, have us uniquely poised for our future expansion plans.”
Sizzler USAhas expanded its support center infrastructure with the addition of two vice presidents and the promotion of six associates in anticipation of rapid growth.
Richard Pineda joined Sizzler as vice president of purchasing and supply chain. He previously directed purchasing at McCormick & Schmick's and Kahala, a franchisor of familiar brands such as Cold Stone Creamery, Blimpie and Great Steak & Potato.
“Richard brings a unique, comprehensive business approach to purchasing, given his additional experience in operations, sales and franchisee relations,” said Sizzler USA president and CEO Kerry Kramp.
Following 30 years' association with Sizzler in the United States and Australia, Forbes Collins became vice president of company and franchise operations. Since joining Sizzler as a dishwasher when he was teenager, Collins has held cook, general manager, district manager and regional manager positions, as well as others. Most recently, he was senior director of operations.
“Forbes has been an effective leader, instrumental in helping Sizzler dramatically improve its operations,” said Kramp.
- Promoted from within Sizzler USA were:
- Khalad (KB) Bagul is now executive director of safety, security and training, where he is responsible for the safety and security of Sizzler's guests, staff and assets.
- Mark Lyso became executive director of franchise development, with new responsibilities involving real estate and restaurant site selections.
- Katie Cameron was promoted to senior director of marketing services, with increased duties for implementing restaurant programs, as well as, serving as key liaison with research & development, training, information technology and operations.
- Laurie Lyso will oversee support center operations and assist headquarters departments, as well as, handle all company events, conferences and meetings as director of office administration.
- Steve Zarubi and Robert Clark became senior business partners, offering guidance to company and franchise restaurants.
- Jerry Delaney joined Sizzler as controller, overseeing all accounting functions.
According to Kramp, the leadership team additions and promotions—as well as the company’s move to a new support center—are all intended to help prepare the company for franchise growth in California and other areas.