Gordon Biersch Releases Chef-Driven Menu
Gordon Biersch, an upscale casual brewery restaurant specializing in handcrafted German lagers brewed in-house, unveiled today its new, chef-driven menu, featuring made-from-scratch, seasonal recipes across the brand's food, beer, and cocktail offerings.
The new menu rolled out at Gordon Biersch locations throughout the Greater Washington, D.C. area today and will follow in additional markets over the next few weeks.
"With our new, chef-driven menu, we're setting the pace for casual dining restaurants by going back to what Gordon Biersch's founders really wanted: cuisine on the cutting edge of consumer trends," says Stan Frankenthaler, who was recently named chief officer of food, beverage, and strategic supply for CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries, Inc.
"Not every casual-dining restaurant puts chefs in charge of kitchens, and at Gordon Biersch, we always have. We really are focusing on giving our chefs a creative outlet to do what they do best and create inspiring dishes our guests will love."
Gordon Biersch guests will see expansive new menu items focused on 100 percent Certified Angus and grass-fed beef offerings, a wide variety of seafood, lighter cooking, and stylized classics.
Gordon Biersch will begin offering a wider variety of beers while staying true to the traditional brewing methods of the best brewing cultures; a wine list comprised of well-known producers from top growing regions around the world; and a fun cocktail menu focused on the classics.
"We asked chefs in all of our restaurants to give us the best dishes they've served during their tenure with CraftWorks' concepts and put a modern spin on them to appeal to today's consumer tastes. The result is a variety of made-from-scratch recipes featuring seasonal ingredients that ultimately will set us apart in the casual dining segment," Frankenthaler says.
In addition to a variety of steak and seafood frites, signature burgers, sandwiches, small plates, salads and sides, Gordon Biersch's new menu includes:
- Legendary Garlic Fries – The dish that put Gordon Biersch on the map! Tossed in high-quality olive oil and perfectly seasoned with fresh-chopped garlic and parsley.
- Lobster & Shrimp Mac 'N Cheese – Sautéed lobster and shrimp tossed in a Parmesan Havarti cheese sauce with bowtie pasta.
- Beer Battered Fish & Chips – Dipped in Gordon Biersch's own Marzen lager batter and fried, with tartar sauce, apple cider slaw, and salt and pepper fries.
- Woodford Reserve Bourbon Entrées – Available exclusively at Gordon Biersch, guest's choice of wild Alaskan salmon, chicken breast, or jumbo Gulf shrimp seasoned and grilled to perfection, glazed with a signature sauce. Served with brown rice pilaf and quinoa and kale.
- Gruyere Pancetta Pizza – Crispy pancetta, caramelized onions, roma tomatoes, and fresh chives with a Gruyere and Mozzarella cheese blend over a creamy herb white sauce.
- Harvest Farm Frisee Salad -- Fresh greens tossed in warm bacon vinaigrette and topped with tomatoes, bacon, Brie cheese, sautéed crimini mushrooms, and a fried egg.
- Chocolate Budino Cake – Italian chocolate pudding cake smothered with warm fudge sauce and a dollop of French vanilla ice cream. Served with fresh strawberries and blueberries and a housemade short bread cookie, dusted with powdered sugar.