Great Balls on Tires: The Next LA Pop-Up Event
On Thursday, April 28 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., Los Angeles-based bakery-bistro BreadBar Century City and chief gastronomy officer chef Noriyuki Sugi will host LA food truck, Great Balls on Tires, for the next installation of their monthly “Hatchi Truck Stop” series. This series invites the chefs of Southern California’s favorite mobile eateries to park in their kitchen for a unique, one-night-only dining event.
Offering eight dishes ($8 each; $32 minimum purchase) inspired by their truck’s meatball-themed menu, owners Clint Peralta and Michael Brombart and executive chef Michael David will serve a special selection of savory and sweet bites influenced by eclectic cuisines and cultures around the world.
For loyal social media fans and followers, Facebook users who “like” BreadBar’s page can access priority reservations for “Hatchi Truck Stop” 24 hours before the monthly event opens to the public.
Dishes on Great Balls on Tires’ “Hatchi Truck Stop” menu will be paired with specialty microbrews from North Coast Brewing Company, and will include:
- IncrediBall with ground kobe beef, apple wood-smoked bacon, Gruyère, wild arugula, and aïoli on a toasted brioche bun
- Ballywood with garam masala chicken, coconut curry, tomato chutney, cilantro chutney, crispy onions, and basmati rice
- Boar ball with pork belly and sauerkraut
- Duck ball with red cabbage confit and Napa slaw
- Brown butter spice cake ball with mostard
The artisanal bakery continues to raise the taste bar with its upcoming 2011 “Hatchi Truck Stop” guest food truck line-up, including:
- May 26: Rokyo Gourmet Ramen Truck
- June 30: The Dim Sum Truck
- July 28: Frysmith
- August 25: The Gastrobus
- September 29: No Tomatoes!
- October 27: The Nom Nom Truck and CoolHaus
- November 17: Papa’s Tapas
- December 15: The Grilled Cheese Truck