Mushrooming Into Music
Atlanta-based pizza company Mellow Mushroom has launched a national promotion offering new menu items and the chance to win a VIP trip to Lollapalooza in Chicago.
The Feed Your Head promotion runs March 7 through April 17.
The limited-time menu includes seven new flavors of spring:
- The Hippie Dippy Trio, a sampling of Mellow favorites: bruschetta, olive tapenade, and hummus.
- A spinach dip with fresh spinach and artichoke hearts.
- The Righteous Portobello Reuben, which is loaded with Portobello mushrooms, Swiss cheese, and a Bavarian-style sauerkraut.
- The Enlightened Spinach Salad, which gives the classic spinach salad a makeover with dried cranberries and caramelized pecans.
- Two specialty pies: The Freshies with fresh mozzarella, Roma tomatoes, and basil; and The Caesar with an olive oil and garlic base, pesto chicken, provolone, mozzarella and feta cheeses, topped with a fresh Caesar salad.
- A new Shock Top Raspberry Wheat Beer, a light, crisp craft beer with a hint of raspberry.
The Create your own Mellow-dy contest is part of the Feed Your Head promotion. Consumers can record and upload their favorite mellow jingle and display it in the Feed Your Head gallery with the ability to share the video through e-mail and Facebook.
Over the five-week period of the promotion, top videos, voted for by fans and a panel of judges, will compete in the semi-finals. One customer will win a VIP trip for two to Lollapalooza, a three-day, eight-stage music festival, in August.
“Music is part of the culture at Mellow Mushroom and tying our promotions to mega concerts like Lollapalooza draws excitement from our guests and fan base”, Balch says.