Recipe: Double-Decker Flatbread
A simple app or filling entrée is built with cheese-stuffed flatbread featuring Chef-mate ¡Que Bueno! White Cheddar Cheese Sauce and Minor’s Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate. Topped with tomato sauce, chicken breast, red onions, mushrooms, mozzarella, and lemon zest.
1 cup Whole wheat flour
1 cup Bread flour
2-1/4 tsp Instant yeast
1 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp Olive oil
1 cup Water, warm
1/2 cup Chef-mate ¡Que Bueno! White Cheddar Cheese Sauce
1/2 tsp Minor’s Roasted Garlic Flavor Concentrate
1/4 cup Tomato sauce, no salt added
1/2 oz Red onion, slivered
1/4 cup Mushrooms
1/2 cup Chicken breast, roasted and diced
1. To make pizza dough, in a stand mixer, with a dough hook, combine the first 7 ingredients. Mix on low speed for 2 minutes, then on medium speed for 4 minutes. Dough should not be sticky to the touch; add more whole wheat flour if too sticky, or a few drops of water if too wet. Place dough ball into a non-stick sprayed bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in a warm area of the kitchen to proof. Dough should double in size in 20-30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine cheddar sauce and roasted garlic flavor in a bowl. Reserve refrigerated.
3. Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Deck oven preferred, or pre-heat an upside-down sheet tray in the oven to act as a deck.
4. Split the dough into 4-oz. sections. Roll out two of the sections into long, similarly sized and shaped ovals. Wrap the remaining dough sections and reserve for other orders.
5. To assemble, spread half the garlic cheddar sauce across one of the flatbreads, leaving a 1/2” edge. Place remaining flatbread over the top, and using a fork, press the edges together. Top with tomato sauce and sprinkle onions, mushrooms, chicken breast, mozzarella cheese, and lemon zest over the flatbread. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until cooked through. Slice into strips and drizzle with warmed remaining cheddar sauce.