Kaisho to Celebrate Grand Opening
Kaisho, a modern, high-end interpretation of an izakaya, is celebrating its Grand Opening on December 7 in Bellevue. The Kaisho concept is pioneered by Jeffrey Lunak, former protégé of Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto. Working closely with Lunak is chef de cuisine Kalen Schramke, who offers a balance of French and Asian culinary expertise.
Kaisho, a meeting place for friends and family, is poised to quickly become a neighborhood hotspot. The menu draws on a variety of Asian influences and is designed for sharing.
Small plates & bites include:
- Wasabi puffed nori rice chips
- BBQ steam bun
- Smoked salmon butter lettuce cups
- Smoked brisket and kimchee gyoza
- Sushi rice risotto with chanterelles
- Moo shu tacos
Larger plates include:
- Bao Burger made from snake river wagyu beef, braised pork belly, kimchee cucumber, hayashi onions, citrus aioli, butter lettuce on a steamed bun
- Hong Kong style pork shank crispy noodle with shitaki and king oyster mushrooms, bok choy, and spicy dragon sauce
Family Style offerings include:
- Thai fried chicken and kimchee waffles, coconut butter, and five-spice maple syrup
- Whole fried black sea bass
- Garlic steak with miso creamed kale and garlic soy
Kaisho will also offer a full bar stocked with Japanese beers, aged whiskies, and classic libations.